This is truly a carnivorous delight and certainly isn't for wimps. Enjoy it with mashed potatoes and brown gravy or a cheesy loaded baked potato. The addition of the pork sausage and bacon strips make this a real favorite for the hungry man... or woman!
The MIGHTY Meatloaf
1 pound lean ground beef
1 pound ground pork sausage
1 yellow onion, diced
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon thyme
1 tablespoon pasley
5 teaspoons milk
1 cup breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
4 thick strips of bacon
salt & pepper
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1. For the Glaze - in a small pan mix together all the ingredients over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Simmer for 5 minutes until thick. Cover and set aside.
2. Saute onions in oil until soft. Stir in minced garlic and saute for a few seconds. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl add all the ingredients, except for the bacon, and mix together well with your hands.
4. Shape meat into a large loaf and lay on a foil-covered baking sheet. Brush with glaze mixture.
5. Broil the meatloaf for 5 minutes. Brush top and sides with the reserved glaze. Lay the 4 strips of bacon across the loaf and broil for 2 more minutes.
6. Brush meatloaf again with the glaze and bake for 45-50 minutes at 350.
7. Let rest for 20 minutes before serving.