To fully enjoy the tasty, tenderness of pork, and to ensure your pork is cooked to perfection each time, here's some cooking guidelines from pork experts for you to review.
- Pork should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160º F.
- Processed pork (fully cooked/smoked ham) should have an internal temperature of 120°F.
- To prevent pork from drying out while cooking, baste with pan juices, fruit juice or a spicy sauce.
- Pork's natural juices will run clear when meat is done.
- Fully cooked pork may have a little pink in the center.