Friday, July 13, 2012

Weight Watcher Brownies

Ok... I'm on a diet, believe it or not. It's nothing out of the ordinary... I usually try an watch what I eat during the Summer... because by the time Fall and Winter come around, I'm "packing on" for the colder months after Thanksgiving and Christmas. But I digress...

As I was searching through my Weight Watchers Cookbook, I came across a recipe for brownies!! I had been craving something that was chocolate and sweet for weeks and, for only 3 points a brownie, I HAD to try these... and, surprisingly, they're very good. I had never added cinnamon to brownies before... but I really enjoy the subtle hint of it in this recipe.

They do tend to get dry if left out, so be sure to put them in a air-tight, ziplock bag when not enjoying them.



Weight Watcher Brownies


Ingredients:

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 egg white
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
4 tablespoons unsalted butter



Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Spray an 8-inch-square baking pan with nonstick spray.

2. In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt; mix well. In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, egg white, sugar, and vanilla; beat well to dissolve the sugar.

3. In a sauce pan, melt butter and chocolate chips, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes. Let cool for 1 minute, then stir into the egg mixture; beat well to combine. Stir the chocolate mixture into the flour mixture until just combined. Scoop the batter into the prepared pan.

4. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out almost clean, 20-22 minutes. Cool on a wire rack before cutting into 16 brownies.

per serving (1 brownie): 127 Cal, 5 g Fat, 3 g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 34 mg Chol, 54 mg Sod, 20 g Carb, 1 g Fiber, 2 g Prot, 15 mg Calc.

Weight Watcher Points value:  3

No comments:

Post a Comment