Slow Cooked South Carolina BBQ Pork Loin
4-6 pound pork loin
2 medium onions
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. In a bowl mix finely sliced onions, brown sugar, paprika, salt and pepper. Coat the loin with this mixture. Put loin in the slow cooker with onions and seasoning.
2. In a bowl mix vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes, dry mustard, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper. Mix. Pour a third of the sauce on loin, then refrigerate the rest.
3. Cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours... or HIGH for 5 to 6 hours
4. Add one more third of the sauce to the loin and cook for 30 minutes.
5. Pour off excess liquid and serve. Top with the cooked onions.