This are fun to make! I don't know about you, but I love a hamburger with avocado.. or maybe a meatloaf with avocado. If you're in a creative mood one night and want to try something new and delicious, give this a shot! Why settle for a boring old meatloaf, anyway? right!?
Beef & Avocado Loaves
3/4 - 1 pound lean ground beef
3 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup tomato-based chili sauce
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup shredded Jack Cheese
2 tablespoons seeded and diced canned green chilies
1 avocado, peeled, pitted and halved.
1. Mix together ground beef, bread crumbs, 1/4 cup of chili sauce, egg, onion, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire.
2. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions and flatten each of them into an oval patty about 5 inches long.
3. Stuff cheese evenly into avocado halves and place each, cheese side down, on a beef patty. Top with remaining patties and pinch together to enclose avocado.
4. Place, flat side down, on a rimmed baking sheet.
5. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
6. Top with a little ketchup & parsley to garnish.