Thursday, March 22, 2012

Sour Cream-Milk Chocolate Cookies

I found this simple recipe on an iphone application - All in One Cookbook, for all those iphone users who are interested. I suppose want really intrigued me about this recipe was the sour cream. I mean - it's not the first ingredient I think of when making cookies. But I admit, these cookies are super good. I made a big batch them in Dayton, Ohio when I was performing there last month. I put the cookies in little brown bags and gave them out to the hard working crew running our the show. Naturally, they were a HUGE hit. I figure, if you want to have a pleasant experience while working on an opera/show, spoil the folks who do all the important things offstage - starting with the stage manager. If you do this you'll never miss a cue, your costume and makeup will always look amazing, and the spotlight will never cease to following you while you're singing... and all because of these delicious little cookies. :-)


Sour Cream-Milk Chocolate Cookies


Ingredients
:

1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup butter - softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 package (11 ounces) of milk chocolate chips - 2 cups


Directions:

1. Heat oven to 350ยบ

2. Beat sugar, sour cream, butter, shortening, vanilla and egg in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon.

3. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt.

4. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.

5. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until set and just beginning to brown.

6. Cool 1 to 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment