Homemade Egg Bread
1 tbsp of yeast
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp salt
2 tbsps of honey
4 cups of flour
2 tbsps of sesame seeds
1. Add 1 tablespoon of yeast & 1 tablespoon of sugar to a large bowl. Add 1/2 cup of warm water and stir. Set aside.
2. Crack 2 whole eggs in a bowl, then, with the other 2 eggs, separate the yolk and the whites. Add the yolks to the bowl with the two whole eggs and, in another small bowl or cup, add the whites and set aside - you'll need this later. Add 2 tablespoons of honey to the bowl with the egg yolks mixture and beat.
3. Check to see if the yeast is activated - it should look foamy. Once it's activated, add the egg mixture to the yeast and stir. Add 2 teaspoons of salt and 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Stir.
4. Add flour, one cup at a time until dough starts to form. Using your hands, make a ball with the dough. Remove the dough ball for second and grease the inside of the bowl with canola oil, then place the dough ball back in the bowl, flip once, cover with a damp towel, and let it sit for an hour. It should double in size.
5. After an hour, take dough and kneed for a few minutes. Separate the dough into three pieces and roll them out into 2 feet long, "snakes" shapes. Joining the bottoms of each "snake", proceed to braid the dough. Watch this video if don't know how to braid.
6. After braiding the dough, place it on a greased baking sheet, cover it with a damp towel and let it rise sit for 1 hour to allow it to rise.
7. Brush the dough with the egg whites you set aside earlier, then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
8. Place in a preheated oven at 350 degrees. Set in for 12 - 17 minutes, but check it around 10 minutes... just to be sure.