Green Bean Gremolata
by Ina Garten - Barefoot Contessa, Foolproof
1 pound French green beans, trimmed
2 teaspoons minced garlic, (2 cloves)
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest, (2 lemons)
3 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leafed parsely
3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
2 1/2 tablespoons good olive oil
kosher salt & freshly ground pepper
1. Bring a large pot of water a boil. Add the green beans and blanch them for 2 to 3 minutes, until tender but still crisp.
2. Drain the beans in a colander and immediately put them into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking and preserve their bright green color.
3. For the gremolata, toss the garlic, lemon zest, parsley, Parmesan, and pine nuts together in a small bowl and set aside.
4. When ready to serve, heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Drain the beans and pat them dry.
5. Add the beans to the pan and saute, turning frequently, for 2 minutes, until coated with olive oil and heated through.
6. Off the heat, add the gremolata and toss well. Sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon salt & 1/4 teaspoon pepper and serve hot.