Chicken with Tomato-Vermouth Sauce
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
2/3 cup Holland House Vermouth Cooking Wine
2/3 cup tomatoes, chopped.
1 tablespoon capers or 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh basil or parsley, chopped
1. Dredge chicken lightly on both sides in flour mixed with paprika and pepper.
2. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add chicken and saute for 4 minutes on each side.
4. Remove chicken and set aside.
5. Adjust heat to medium, and saute onion and garlic until soft.
6. Deglaze with Vermouth and bring to a boil.
7. Add tomatoes, capers and basil. Stir for 5 minutes
8. Spoon sauce over chicken.