Sunday, February 3, 2013

Chicken with Tomato-Vermouth Sauce

I discovered this recipe on the back of a vermouth bottle while cleaning out my pantry. I should say, it was cooking wine vermouth... not the stuff you make martinis with.... but then again... I'm not exactly sure what the difference is. Oh well. After reading the recipe, and checking to see if I had all the ingredients (which I did), I proceeded to make this dish. It was a winner. The tomato sauce/topping is delicious and ripe with flavor. I used a bit more fresh basil than called for... and minced a red onion instead of a yellow... and this was wonderful. Enjoy.





      Chicken with Tomato-Vermouth Sauce




Ingredients:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
2/3 cup Holland House Vermouth Cooking Wine
2/3 cup tomatoes, chopped.
1 tablespoon capers or 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh basil or parsley, chopped


Directions:

1. Dredge chicken lightly on both sides in flour mixed with paprika and pepper.
2. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add chicken and saute for 4 minutes on each side.
4. Remove chicken and set aside.
5. Adjust heat to medium, and saute onion and garlic until soft.
6. Deglaze with Vermouth and bring to a boil.
7. Add tomatoes, capers and basil. Stir for 5 minutes
8. Spoon sauce over chicken.

Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment