These asparagus rolls are super simple to make. You'll find Phyllo dough in your frozen food section at your local grocery store... usually next to frozen pie crust. Make sure you work swiftly after removing the phyllo from the box... if it stays out too long at room temperature it can become hard to work with and crack. These make excellent snacks for kids and a great side dish. Instead of french fries with your hamburger, try these instead. You won't regret it!
Parmesan Covered Asparagus Rolls
1 bunch of asparagus
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cube butter, melted
salt & pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 360 degrees.
2. Wash asparagus and place in a large bowl. Cover with olive oil, making sure all of the asparagus is covered. Add salt & pepper & garlic powder.
3. Roll out phyllo on counter. Roll the dough around each piece of asparagus, one at a time. Place on a cooking sheet.
4. Brush melted butter over the asparagus rolls, then cover with Parmesan cheese.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes... or until the phyllo is golden brown!