If you ever take a moment to look on the back of a soup can you can sometimes find a really great recipe. Cambell's Soup usually has excellent recipe recommendations which are easy to make and affordable. The other night, I needed to give the leftovers in my refrigerator a facelift or throw them out... I hate throwing away food that isn't spoiled yet... so I decided on a casserole... which is a perfect dish for using up leftovers, btw. Looking through my pantry I noticed I had a can of Campbell's Broccoli Cheese soup. I turned the can around and, sure enough, noticed a recipe. This casserole turned out wonderfully and was a big hit. I'll definitely be making this again very soon! Thanks, Campbell's Soup!
Chicken Broccoli Divan
1 pound fresh broccoli, cut into spears or 1 package of frozen broccoli, cooked & drained
1/1/2 cubed cooked chicken or turkey
2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's Broccoli Cheese Soup
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar or Mozzarella Cheese
1. Preheat over to 400 degrees F.
2. Place broccoli and chicken in a 9" pie plate.
3. Stir bread crumbs and butter together in a small bowl.
4. Stir soup and milk in a small bowl until mixture is smooth. Pour over broccoli and chicken. Top with cheese. Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture.
5. Bake for 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.