Friday, August 31, 2012

Chicken Broccoli Divan

If you ever take a moment to look on the back of a soup can you can sometimes find a really great recipe. Cambell's Soup usually has excellent recipe recommendations which are easy to make and affordable. The other night, I needed to give the leftovers in my refrigerator a facelift or throw them out... I hate throwing away food that isn't spoiled yet... so I decided on a casserole... which is a perfect dish for using up leftovers, btw. Looking through my pantry I noticed I had a can of Campbell's Broccoli Cheese soup. I turned the can around and, sure enough, noticed a recipe. This casserole turned out wonderfully and was a big hit. I'll definitely be making this again very soon! Thanks, Campbell's Soup!




Chicken Broccoli Divan

Ingredients:
1 pound fresh broccoli, cut into spears or 1 package of frozen broccoli, cooked & drained
1/1/2 cubed cooked chicken or turkey
2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's Broccoli Cheese Soup
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar or Mozzarella Cheese

Directions:
1. Preheat over to 400 degrees F.
2. Place broccoli and chicken in a 9" pie plate.
3. Stir bread crumbs and butter together in a small bowl.
4. Stir soup and milk in a small bowl until mixture is smooth. Pour over broccoli and chicken. Top with cheese. Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture.
5. Bake for 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment