I never thought the combination of pumpkin & apples would taste so good! I've never come across a recipe that did... until now. These delicious Apple Pumpkin Muffins are a wonderful treat with your morning coffee or a perfect dessert for a dinner party. I personally like cutting them in half and spreading butter on each piece. Ymm! This recipe is by Beth Knapp from New Hampshire and can be found in the cookbook, The Best of Country Cooking, 2000. She writes, "The combination of apples and pumpkin makes this recipe a perfect treat for cool autumn days." Right you are, Beth!
Apple Pumpkin Muffins
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup cooked or canned pumpkin
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cups finely chopped peeled tart apples
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
3. In a small bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin and oil. Stir.
4. Stir pumpkin mixture into dry mixture until it's a moistened batter; then fold in apples.
5. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
7. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
Makes 1 1/2 dozen muffins.