2 cups self-rising flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1 cup grated Cheddar Cheese
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons butter, melted.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, sugar and parsley. Whisk.
3. Cut in shortening until it resembles cornmeal. Add Cheese and sour cream.
4. Stir in buttermilk all at one time. I usually get in there with my hands and mix it up to form a thick dough. Careful not to over stir.
5. Make little balls of dough (about 1 to 2 tablespoon of dough per ball) and place on a well greased baking sheet.
6. Brush with each dough ball with melted butter.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
8. Brush with a little more butter as soon as removed from the oven.