I felt a little guilty posting that incredible cookie recipe last week... so, this week, I thought I would introduce a healthier dish. Though zucchini season is leaving us, this light, easy to prepare, recipe will have zucchini lovers asking for more. I gave it a try last week... a little uneasy about adding the fresh mint leafs, but I did as I was instructed and it turned out wonderfully. Roasted zucchini, with fresh garlic and topped with a nonfat ricotta cheese... yum! I found this recipe on YouTube and presented by Chef John, who's recipes are always a treat, from FoodWishes.com. Click here to watch him prepare this delicious dish.
Zucchini Ricotta Casserole
6-8 medium size zucchini squash, chopped in triangles (see video)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2-3 garlic cloves, chopped finely
A few fresh mint leafs (about 7 leafs), chopped
1 cup of nonfat ricotta cheese
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
salt & pepper
1. Preheat over to 450 degrees F.
2. Place chopped zucchini in a large bowl. Add oil, paprika, mint leafs, salt & pepper, and a garlic. Stir.
3. Place zucchini mixture in an oven safe casserole dish that has been sprayed with a nonstick cooking spray.
4. Top with several clumps of ricotta cheese... leave room between the clumps.
5. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes and... that's it! Serve warm!