Thursday, May 10, 2012
I live near a Penzeys Spices in Philadelphia. I love walking in the shop and smelling all the different spices and dried herbs. Aside from buying spices, they also have free recipe cards you can take throughout the store. I found this Turkey Meatloaf recipe by Robin Jackalone in the store. If you're looking for a healthier alternative to meatloaf I would highly recommend trying a this.
* TIP - If you don't have a Penzeys Spices near you try making your own Bavarian seasoning mixing together 1/4 teaspoon dried mustard, 1/4 teaspoon dried sage, 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme and 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed rosemary.
1 24-oz. package ground turkey
1/2 cup plain uncooked oats or breadcrumbs
1 small yellow onion, grated
1 tablespoon Bavarian seasoning *
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup ketchup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
3. IN a large bowl combine the turkey, oats/bread crumbs, onion, egg, spices and milk. Mix well.
4. Pat into the loaf pan and top with ketchup.
5. Bake for 1 hour.