NOTE: This recipe needs 24 hours to make.
Better Homes & Gardens
Curried Wild Rice Salad
3 cups water
2/3 cup uncooked wild rice, rinsed and drained
2/3 cup uncooked brown rice
1/2 10 ounce package frozen peas, thawed (1 cup)
1 medium red or yellow sweet pepper, chopped
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup currants or raisins
3 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
3 tablespoons orange juice
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped honey-roasted peanuts (optional)
1. In a medium saucepan combine the water, wild rice, and brown rice. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 40 minutes or until rice is tender; drain if necessary.
2. Transfer rice to a large bowl and let cool to room temperature. Add peas, sweet pepper, green onions, and currants to rice mixture.
3. In a screw-top jar combine oil, orange peel, orange juice, honey, curry powder, and salt. Cover and shake well.
4. Pour dressing over rice mixture in bowl. Gently toss to combine. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.
5. Let salad stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. If desired, sprinkle with chopped peanuts just before serving.