Oh... in case you don't have self-rising flour, remember you can add 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/2 teaspoons of salt for every 1 cup of all-purpose flower. So... in this recipe... if you're using all-purpose flour... add 3 teaspoons of baking powder and 1 teaspoon of salt and you're set to go!
2 cups self-rising flour
1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp paprika
Peanut or vegetable oil for frying
1. In a pot, heat water to a boil. Place cauliflower florets into boiling water for 8-10 minutes. Remove and allow to dry.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder.
3. In another bowl, beat eggs; adding just a little water while beating.
4. Dip each cauliflower floret into the egg mixture, then immediately into the bowl with the flour mixture. Toss and coat each floret and set aside on a plate.
5. In an electric skillet heat oil to 350 degrees. Place coated cauliflower florets into the skillet. Make sure there's enough oil to almost completely submerge the cauliflower. Fry for 10-12, flipping occasionally, until the florets are golden brown. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Serve with ranch dressing.